Coconut to other people might be an ordinary plant with limited or no uses at all, but to few people who have the knowledge and uses of coconut, they called it the wonder plant.
Every part of the plant is useful and is a gift of nature.
Coconut oil has a wide range of uses from cooking, hair and skin care, several scientific research on coconut oil has revealed several amazing benefits of coconut oil to the body, it is now time for you to add coconut oil to your everyday use to get the amazing benefit to your body.
Cooking and Eating
- Cooking at high heat – Coconut has the ability to withstand high temperature because of its high smoke point. Many other oils cannot be heated to high temperature, you can put your mind at rest when cooking with coconut oil because it is stable and you can use it at home.
- Using it instead of butter to toast – You can substitute butter with coconut oil on your bread.
- Fry eggs – Coat the bottom of your frying pan with coconut oil to create a non sticky surface and a tasty egg.
- Popping Popcorn – Instead of using your regular oil to pop your popcorn, you can use coconut oil instead. Add coconut oil to the inner surface of your pot. Add a small amount of coconut oil to your pot and your popcorn and make sure that the corn is coated with coconut oil. Next, place the pot on a medium fire for five minutes for the popcorn to pop completely.
- Popcorn topping – Instead of using coconut oil to pop your popcorn you can use your regular cooking oil and top the popcorn with coconut oil instead of using butter. You can also add salt by sprinkling lightly over the popped corn.
- Use coconut oil for baking – Next time you are baking you can use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
- Energy booster – Mix1 tablespoon of coconut oil with a ½ tablespoon of chia seeds. The recipes will give you an energy boost after a strenuous day.
- Creamer for your coffee – Adding coconut oil to your coffee will give you an extra boost of your energy. Instead of using the dairy cream as creamer for your coffee you can start by using coconut oil.
- Topping for baked potatoes – Put coconut oil on baked potatoes instead of using butter, you can also sprinkle a small amount of ground cinnamon powder to your baked potatoes.
- Create healthy Mayonnaise – You can create your mayonnaise at home, in a blender, combine 4 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and ½ tablespoon of dried mustard. Add coconut oil and ½ cup of olive oil to create an emulsion and ½ tablespoon of tahini and blend until smooth.
Beauty and Skin Uses
- Cheekbone Highlighter – Apply a small amount of coconut oil on your cheekbones.
- Massage Oil – Coconut oil can be used for massaging, the soothing and relaxing properties of coconut oil help to heal sore muscles and relax.
- Makeup remover – Apply coconut oil to cotton or soft tissue and use it to remove makeup from your face.
- Face moisturizer – Especially for people with dry skin, coconut oil is useful. Coconut oil is solid at room temperature but it quickly melts on contact with your hand. Wash your face with warm water and let it dry. Apply a pea size in your hand and rub it on your face and wait for 5 minutes.
- Wrinkle Reducer – Coconut oil help to reduce anti-aging apply the oil to your skin and leave it overnight. Wash it off with warm water and see the differences. You can use this method three times in a week.
- Lip Balm – Dry lip can be frustrating at times and it can happen to anybody at any times, commercial lip balm contains an unhealthy ingredient which is not good for the body. Due to its soothing properties and is safe to consume coconut oil can be used with another ingredient as a lip balm. Combine 2 tablespoon of coconut oil, 2 table spoons of beeswax and I tablespoon of Shea butter in a non stick saucepan and warm until it melted. Pour the liquid into a small container. You can use it on your lip instead of buying lip balm.
- Tinted lip balm – You can add small amount turmeric, cinnamon and cocoa powder with your homemade recipe lip balm.
- Personal Lubricant – Coconut oil has antifungal, antibacterial, antimicrobial properties which make it useful to be used as a personal lubricant that won’t disturb vagina flora.
- Shave cream – Rub a small amount of coconut oil on your face, underarm and then shave. You can rinse with water and pat dry.
- Sunburn remedy – coconut oil is a natural sunburn remedy, rub the coconut oil into the affected part of the body and it will help soothe the pain.
- Sunscreen – Coconut oil has a low SPF and can be used as a sunscreen. So if you want to go out without worry about getting sunburned, you can apply the coconut oil on your body.
- Anti-Fungal cream – Due to its antibiotic properties, coconut oil can be used to treat foot and skin fungus. Apply coconut oil to the affected part and leave it for few minutes to set, wash it off with water or soft tissue.
- Foot rub for cracked heels – You can add coconut oil to your cracked heels to improve your cracked heels. Add 2 tablespoon of coconut oil with other essential oil. Add the mixture to your cracked heels to improve your heels and giving your heel with nice and sweet scent.
- Moisturizer during pregnancy – Pregnant women like using coconut oil to rub their belly to moisturize their belly.
- Body moisturizer – Apply coconut oil to your body to moisturize your body. You can add coconut oil to your cream.
- Mix with Bathwater – you can add ¼ cup of coconut oil to your bath water. Stir it together, you can use the liquid to bath, this helps to soothe and relax your body.
- Elbow rubs – You can manage dry skin on your elbow by rub it with coconut oil.
- Stretch mark reducer – Rubbing coconut oil over your stomach during pregnancy and after pregnancy to reduce the stretch mark that occurs when the elasticity of the skin is stretched. The oil helps to remove dark marks and discoloration that occurs.
Hair Care Uses.
- Natural hair conditioner – coconut oil has been in used for thousand years to strengthen and improves hair. Due to its moisturizing properties, coconut oil helps to strengthen hair while helping the hair to retain its moisture. Add two tablespoons of coconut oil to your skin as a conditioner. Comb the hair with coconut oil and wash it off after one hour.
- Prevent and treat dandruff – this helps to encourage new hair growth and prevent dandruff, rub your hair with coconut oil and gently comb to ensure that the oil is evenlyspread, Rinse with water.
Where to Buy Coconut Oil
There are many brands of coconut oil in the market today, ensure that coconut oil you buy isorganic and look for the seal or statement on the food labels.
What is the coconut oil uses that I forgot to write about?
Share your favorites below!