Dark circle is skin condition in which there is dark discoloration around the eye region. This type of skin condition affects both men and women and is caused as a result of heredity, aging process of skin, prolonged hours in front of the TV screen, lack of sleep, and unhealthy diet.
There are over the counter creams that you can buy and use in order to get rid of dark circles fast, but the major hindrances are the undesired side effects and reappearances of dark circle after you discontinue using the cream.
In this article, we are going to look at the different DIY recipe on how to remove dark circle fast from around your eyes region, though dark circles are not as painful when compare to acne, psoriasis, and eczema. The skin condition makes you look tired and old.
Cucumber is made up of 95% of water which makes it excellent when it comes to getting rid of dark circles in your eyes region and help in refreshing the skin.
- Select and wash a raw cucumber that is light green in color, cut the cucumber into different slices and place the sliced cucumber over your eyes for about 10 minutes and wash it off water. Repeat this process twice a day for about two weeks and see the difference.
- Wash cucumber with water to remove dirt and blend it until it turns into a smooth juice and equal amount of lemon juice and stir it together. Use a cotton ball to apply the juice to the affected area and leave the eye mask for ten minutes. Wash the eye mask off water and follow this process daily for about 1-2 weeks.
Potato is a natural lighten food that you can use to fade and lighten dark circles and dark spot, potato is rich in starch which helps to reduce the pigmentation, and vitamin C helps to lighten the dark circles.
- Add 2 tablespoon of honey with one tablespoon of potato flour and stir it together until it forms a thick and smooth paste, apply the paste directly on the affected area and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before washing it off with water.
- Slice up a potato and place the sliced potato directly on the dark circle and leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it off with water.
Rosewater is an excellent ingredient that you should have at home when it comes to dealing with skin. Rosewater is rich in vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidant that help to remove dark circle from the eye region, toning of skin, and to remove excess oil from the face.
- Soak a cotton ball in a bowl containing rosewater for few minutes and place the soaked ball on the dark circles. Leave the eye mask for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water. You can repeat this process daily for a month and see the result.
Orange juice is rich in vitamin C and can help to get rid of dark circles from your eyes very fast. Mix orange juice with a few drop of glycerin and apply the mixture to the affected area with a cotton ball. Leave it on for few minutes and wash it off with water.
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E which can be used to remove dark circles, the use of almond oil is not limited to dark circles but can be used on the skin to remove blemishes, wrinkles, fade dark spot and blackhead.
- Apply a few drop of almond oil on the affected area and use your finger to gently massage the oil on the affected area. Leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning with cold water. You repeat this process daily and stop when the dark circles disappear.
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble compound that you can find in plant essential oil and vegetable oil. The presence of an antioxidant in vitamin E helps in reversing the effect of free radical in the body and also preventing free radical in the body. Free radicals are responsible for the oxidation of body tissue and speeding up the aging process of the skin.
- Apply a few drop of vitamin E oil on the affected area and use your finger to gently massage the oil on the affected area. Leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning with cold water. You repeat this process daily and stop when the dark circles disappear.
Tomato face mask is an excellent natural face cleanser that you can use to remove dirt, impurities, and bacteria from your face. It also has bleaching powers that help to remove dark circles around your eyes.
- Wash the tomato with clean water and blend it together until it turns to a smooth puree add ½ teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Stir it together. Apply the mixture to the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water. Repeat this process twice a day until the dark circles disappear.
Turmeric is an excellent skin lightening ingredients that the people of Indians have been using to lighten and brighten their skin. Due to its lightening properties, turmeric powder can be used to get rid of dark circles around the eye region.
- Mix equal amount of turmeric powder, honey, and freshly squeeze lemon juice together and stir it until it forms a paste. Clean your face with water and pat it to dry before applying a layer of paste to the affected area and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off with water.
Coconut Oil can be used to get rid of dark circles, the oil is an excellent moisturizer and has deep penetrative power nourishing your skin with nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Add a few drop of coconut oil to the affected area and use your finger to gently massage the oil. Leave it on for a few hours and wash it off with water.